We support the following payment options at Shoppocart:
• Cash On Delivery (available in selected pin codes)
• Credit Card
• Debit Card
• Net banking
• Gift Card
How does the COD (Cash on Delivery) payment option work?
Shoppocart Cash on Delivery option allows you to pay order value at the time of delivery for all orders between Rs. 299 and Rs. 49999. Your existing limits will be revised once, there is a delivery or order rejected against your account, from the new limit implementation logic, if required. To pay for any order using Cash on Delivery (COD) mode of payment, please select the ‘Cash On Delivery’ option on the payment page. Cash on Delivery option is available only in selected pincodes. However the COD limit may differ from customer to customer depending upon the order rejection percentage from a particular customers registered email id. For avoidance of doubt, ‘Order Rejection Percentage’ shall mean any undelivered orders which are returned from the address provided by the customer even, after three successful delivery attempts. In event of COD limit breach, your order will be cancelled and you will have to place a new order using Pre-payment options.
Further, the COD limit for any user may get decreased to Rs. 24,999, Rs.1500, Rs.0 basis on order rejection percentage and can be reset to Rs.49,999 basis on Order acceptance percentage and number of prepaid orders placed, post limit decrease.
Why can’t I see the COD option on my payment page?
If you do not see a COD option on your payment page, this may be due to one of the following reasons:
• Your order value may be less than Rs. 299 or over Rs. 49,999.
• Our courier partners may not support the Cash on Delivery option for your delivery address.
• You may have placed another order using the COD option which is pending delivery. If the amount of this order when added to your current order exceeds Rs. 49,999, then the COD option will be disabled temporarily.
What should I do if my payment fails?
Please retry making the payment after ensuring that the information entered is accurate, including all account details, billing addresses and passwords. If your payment still fails, you can use the Cash on Delivery (COD) payment option, if available on the payment page to place your order. If your payment is debited from your account after a payment failure, it will be credited back within 7-10 days, after we receive a confirmation from the bank.
I am being charged GST amount on my order. What is GST?
GST is a single tax on the supply of goods and services that is levied on every value addition (through production and services) and is added to a product’s sale price. GST has to borne/paid by the ultimate consumer of the product or service. If your order is fulfilled on or after July 1st 2017, GST will be applicable on your orders. GST subsumes all other taxes like Excise duty, VAT, Entry tax etc.
How is the GST amount decided?
Following rules will govern whether or not additional GST will be applicable on the products purchased by you:
• GST applicability: For a product, if the fulfillment is done on or after July 1st, 2017 and total discount percentage is more than 18% of MRP, then GST may be collected from customer in addition to product price, post discounts. The discounts include those resulting from special offers such as Buy 1 Get 1 and similar offers.
• GST amount: If applicable, the amount of GST collected from customer depends on category
• Apparel/Clothing: Max 12% of net payable (MRP – product discount – coupon discount) will be collected from the customer.
If I return/cancel the purchased product will the GST/VAT amount charged be refunded?
Yes. If you return the product the applicable GST/VAT amount will also be refunded into the source account selected at the time of return initiation. However no refunds of GST/VAT shall be made in relation to shipping charges collected from the consumer under Shoppocart shipping policy.
I am being charged VAT amount on my order. What is VAT?
Value added tax (VAT) is an indirect tax that is imposed on goods at each stage of production, starting from raw materials to final product and is added to a product’s sales price. VAT has to borne/paid by the ultimate consumer of the product. If your order is fulfilled on or before June 30th 2017, VAT will be applicable on your orders.
How is the VAT amount decided?
Following rules will govern whether or not an additional VAT will be applicable on the products purchased by you:
• VAT applicability: For a product, if the fulfillment is done on or before Jun 30th 2017 and the total discount percentage is more than 19% of MRP, then VAT may be collected from customer. The discounts include those resulting from special offers such as Buy 1 Get 1 and similar offers. n
• VAT amount: If applicable, the amount of VAT collected from customer depends on category.
• Apparel/Clothing: Max 6% of net payable (MRP – product discount – coupon discount) will be collected from the customer. The balance VAT amount payable to government will be borne by Shoppocart.
The amount of taxes shown at the cart level is a mere estimate. The actual taxes payable shall be determined basis the warehouse (based on availability of the products) from where the goods are being shipped, which will be checked once the order is placed. Only in case of taxes being lower than the estimate taxes (based on the warehouse from where the goods would be shipped), the customer would be notified of the same and any additional taxes paid by the customer would be duly refunded to the customer